Monday, December 31, 2007

January Inspiration Challenge

Did you know that every month I post an "inspiration challenge" at kjoistudios.com?

Well I do!! I would love to see you participate. Even if you are not a digi scrapper maybe this challenge will give you some ideas. Please do share them in the Kjoi gallery or send me a link to see what you have done! Note - Kjoi has a wonderful challenge prize vault and the person who does the most challenges receives some great product!

In honor of the NEW year, I thought this month's inspiration challenge could be one that makes us reflect on the New Year. There are a couple of "catches" to the challenge, however. One is that BLUE has to be the predominant color in the layout. (just because it blue and new rhyme - forgive my reasoning!)

Secondly, I would like to see you incorporate ONE of these many new year quotes that I found. Easy as pie, right?

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. ~Bill Vaughn

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan

Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. ~Author Unknown

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~Benjamin Franklin

No one ever regarded the First of January with indifference. It is that from which all date their time, and count upon what is left. It is the nativity of our common Adam. ~Charles Lamb

New Year's Day is every man's birthday. ~Charles Lamb

Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it's twice as onerous a duty. ~John Selden

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland

I have a couple of ideas milling around in my head and hope to show you my layout real soon. Originally I had antoher layout I wanted to share with you, but I have decided to keep it under wraps. Yesterday I said I was not going to try out for Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame contest. 6 weeks to go - I need to start but NO time. Well, then I remembered I have been holding a couple back, and digital scrapbooking makes this more possible to accomplish in little time. After showing some friends my late night creation with a photo I took last night - it is going into the HOF contention pile...just in case I can pull this off by first part of February.

No comments: