Friday, February 12, 2010

Purseful of Chocolates!!

I work for a company that is all about taking care of our clients. My boss and I enjoy great relationships with many of our clients, and some are extra special to us. For Valentine's day my boss and his wife are taking a group of widowed clients out for lunch - as he felt everyone deserves a special lunch or dinner out for Valentine's day.

We wanted to make a special Valentine for each of them. I have a friend who has a die-cut business, and ordered adorable purse-shaped boxes. I decorated each with BoBunny papers from the Love Bandit and Persuasion collections. I thought the ladies might get a kick out of seeing buttons on the purses - no doubt they have a stash of buttons in their own home. We are filling the purses with Dove chocolates and other Valentine candies, and using them instead of placecards around the table.

I should let you know that the back side is the same as the front. I created a template to trace and cut out the shape for each purse, front and back. I then used a border punch on a 1.25" x 12" strip, cut to 6". Adhering the 6" strip in position, I used a micro-tip scissors to trim the excess border, following the shape of the purse.
One could easily write someone's name on the front flap of the purse if you want to use these as flap and use as placecards, and how cute would they be as party favors? I think girls, whether in their 80's or age 8, would find these adorable!

Adorable little purse boxes can be had in a number of shapes. And of course there are so many die-cut boxes one could use to hold little treats...whether as party favors, bunko night, wedding reception table decorations...the ideas for using shaped little boxes is endless! My friend, Donna, recently shipped out 300 purses for an all female convention - no order is too big, or too small. Contact her if you are interested in checking out what she offers. Her web-site is brand new and shows only a fraction of the boxes and die-cuts she offers.

Be sure to swing by BoBunny's blog today to see what the other designers have come up with for table top Valentine decor. You WILL be amazed - promise!!

Happy Creating,
Rita S.

No comments: