Thursday, February 25, 2010

Memories Preserved - Friendship Lasts Forever



It's bonus sketch Friday! If you have hopped over from BoBunny thank you for coming by. My sketch is shared at the bottom of this post.

"Moments with Marv" is one of the most dear layouts I have done in months - a lot of emotion went into creating it.
Even when cancer threatens to break up a dear friendship, we can preserve the memories of our friendship before the person is taken away. Today's layout just does that...hidden journaling has allowed me to pour my heart out, vent against cancer, revisit the wonderful moments shared with Marv...preserving our friendship archivally for many years. I had so much I wanted to say, my form of therapy, that I decided to make a pocket to hold a small four-panel booklet. Primarily I used BoBunny's Persuasion collection, along with other products you can see in my list shared further down. 

I created this layout thoughtfully and slowly, adding in many details, loving it as I went, just like I love our dear friend. I ran the cardstock for the title area through my Cuttlebug, embossing with a wildflower pattern. I then used markers, smidges of Shimmerz paint, etc., to add color to the raised design. It was also misted with turquoise Glimmer Mist. Olive Shimmerz was painted onto the die-cut flourishes, which were cut with BoB Sweet Pear Double Dot cardstock.
The photo frame itself is a negative from BoBunnys Chunky Chipboard Brackets and Swirls - covered with patterned paper. I cut out the center, using the opening of the negative as my guide, and used mod podge to adhere the paper to the frame. My craft knife and chak ink came into play to distress the edges.

I used Magistical Memories Awesome Blossom chipboard, painted it pink and topped with pink Stickles. It looks beautiful layered on top of BoBunny's flowers. I punched a circle for the center and stamped "Love"  with Bobunny's acrylic stamp set - "Cherished".
BoBunny's "Circle This Date" Stamp & Store set allowed me to note the exact day on which this photo was taken of myself and Marv. You might also see the hint of turquoise Shimmerz paint brushed upon the flowers, and Stickles added to the large merlot colored flower. The red ribbon I used is actually from a Christmas gift that Marv's wife had used on a present for Abby this past Christmas.

A button is used on my journaling booklet, to serve as the "handle" to open it. I used a Circa 18 pt. stamp to create my own itty bitty alphas for "journal".
BoBunny supplies used: Persuasion Collection: Forever Die-Cut, Love Notes (red heart pattern), Blooms, Stripe; SWAK iCandy Brads, Flowers, Buttons and Bling, Combo Sticker; Cherished Stamp (word LOVE) in upper circle)
Cardstock: Frost Dot, Seafoam, Coffee Dot
Stamp & Store Circle this Date Double stamp set, Cherished Stamp from Persuasion Collection
Tis the Season Stripe (turquoise side)
Other Supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Co.
Chipboard flowers: Magistical Memories Awesome Blossom
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo (bird), BoBunny Cherished Stamp (Love), Hampton Art G Studio (Friends forever and quote behind journal insert); ProvoCraft Circa 18 Pt. (journal letters)
Inks: Staz-on Tsukineko in olive green, black cherry red, teal; Rubber Stampede Coffee Bean; Memento Ink markers by Tsukineko in olive green
Glimmer and Glitter mediums: Shimmerz paint pots in Olive Green and Tickle-Me-Turquoise; Glimmer Mist Spray – Turquoise, Stickles by Ranger in Fruit Punch
Cross charm: Crossed Paths (Faith)
Bling: Heidi Swapp pink frame, Kaise Craft pearl sticker in latte
Paints: Liquitex, Folk Art
Ribbons: Offray (turquoise), red (salvaged from holiday gift wrapping)
Pen: EK Success brown
Thread: Coats & Clark
Tools: Cuttlebug with Sizzix Flourish, and Cuttlebug floral embossing folder
 
I hope you have enjoyed this project today, and if you enjoy sketches, I am providing it below. You can also see the different takes other BoBunny designers have done based on my sketch by visiting the BoB blog today.
 If you have someone who is terminally ill, I would like to encourage you to scrap about the loss you already may be feeling, even though your loved one is still here, fighting the disease. I do know that although cancer can end a person's life, friendships live on forever in the hearts of those who cherish the memories, the moments shared.
 
Happy creating, even in pain and sorrow,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful Rita. What a concept to make a page BEFORE they're gone! My best friend died 18 years ago and I still cannot bring myself to make any pages about her, but perhaps someday I will be ready. I really want my daughter to "know" her so I do want to scrapbook her for sure.

I popped over to tell you that I received my prize packet from you and to thank you VERY MUCH. I love BoBunny, it's one of my favorite companies and I can't wait to use my stuff.

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

Lori Mar said...

Such a beautiful, meaningful page, Rita. You will cherish it!