Friday, September 26, 2008

Scrap Pink and Encourage Others!



Scrap Pink! This weekend all across America scrapbookers will be cropping and helping to fight the battle against breast cancer. If you live near Madison, Wisconsin and still wish to get involved in a crop, you may call the Scrapbook Superstore, located in Market Square on Madison’s west side to register – but do it today! You can call 608-833-6300, and use your credit card to register by phone. Check out the details on the store web-site here.

My family already had plans to travel this weekend prior to my coming on board the Superstore team – and I admit I am rather sad about missing it. I understand Rita Smith, the store owner, is an excellent cook and those cropping are spoiled with quite a feast! Fabulous prize giveaways are also included. There are several great make n’ takes (I know – I was working on putting kits together yesterday) for the croppers, and of course a wonderful time of creative fellowship while helping to raise money for the Susan G. Kommen Foundation for breast cancer research.

I want to give tribute to those close to me who have battled and survived – you ROCK!! I also remember at this time Sharon Wolter, a wonderful lady from my past who has gone to live with the Lord for all eternity. These ladies, along with 1000s across the world, give the rest of us encouragement for our own earthly battles. Do you know a survivor, or someone who lost a loved one to breast cancer? In the month of October I encourage you to create a PINK card and send it to someone who needs love and encouragement.

The card featured in this post was made to put on display in the store –we have a whole section dedicated for Scrap Pink projects. The stamp set I used is my favorite acrylic bird set by Inkadinkado. The greeting inside the card reads: “Hope is that which makes one soar.” Feel free to use that, it was simply inspired by the bird and the bird carrying the pink ribbon is what evolved out of a more simple idea, which took me past 1 a.m. Another resource for cancer survivor quotes is here.

A similar set of 4 cards, blank inside, are available in the Scrap Pink auction – also being held tomorrow at the Scrapbook Superstore in Madison. I am amazed by the gorgeous paper crafted projects in the auction – created by Superstore designers, and even my friend Kristi Bergin-Smith sent a BOX full of beautiful projects. There are many fabulous mini albums in the auction. If you love to give homemade, but fear you will run out of time – less than 3 months to Christmas! – stop in and place a bid and just maybe we can make your Christmas gift giving easier.

Tomorrow I will be at a Civil War reenactment with our almost 11 yr. old son, and I plan to wear pink. I may stand out a bit, but that is okay – because I really want to be with all of you Scrap Pink croppers in spirit. If you are doing Scrap Pink I would love to hear how your day went.

1 comment:

ScrapAddict said...

Yes, Scrap Pink! We are doing it at Making Memories For You too!!