Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pink Paislee Meets the Owl Craze



I find that I am on an owl kick lately. I can’t get enough of Magistical Memories chipboard owls….and then Pink Paislee comes out with Vintage Moon that has a hootin’ large owl on it – LOVE it! I had a number of layout ideas on this one, but settled on doing a layout featuring my husband – who is a very wise man, who constantly seeks God’s word for counsel, direction and parenting.

Proverbs 2, verses 9-10 read: “Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.” I may not be married to the richest man on earth, but one who has wisdom born of God’s word is really a treasure for all who are blessed to know him. Our children and myself learn so much from him and he is a great example to us. This photo was taken on “our day out” last October – a day my husband and I enjoy each October as we celebrate our anniversary – which if weather permits, is enjoyed in the splendorous outdoors of autumn.



To play with the owl a bit I used a craft knife to lift his beak off the page with glue dots, and glazed it with a Sakura pen. I also added Doodlebug gem stickers to the eyes. Slight, but fun alterations!
A Fancy Frame by Magistical Memories helps to draw the focus to the subject of my photo. These bracket frames are undoubtedly my most favorite chipboard shape right now – and I especially love to use them on photos. I also added a Magistical Memories leaf of course - no fall layout really feels complete to me without one of these.



I have to more projects in the works featuring owls. One is of our son giving advice to his sister on the first day of school. I shared that photo with you earlier. The second is of my dad – a man always full of wise words, or should I say cracks? Phrases that were funny, some you just could not “get it”, and some that my siblings and myself even quote to this day to our own kids.

Think about the wisdom that surrounds you – it can come from so many people that have been a part of your life’s journey. It may not even come from a person. If you need a little mojo boost today consider this subject and how you might incorporate an owl into your layout. Thanks for coming by – and if you create a “wise” layout please leave me a link here in the comments so I can check it out!

AND don’t forget – you have until Monday, September 15 to leave a comment on the “Dream Come True” thread below to get your name in a drawing for the Fiskars Threading Water punch, if you have not done so already. Thanks for playing!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Rita, those alterations to the owl are adorable!