Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Reminisce and Clearsnaps - Joyful Home Décor
Hey all – how are you doing? Halloween is almost here – obvious from how fast Halloween products are flying off the store shelves. The Christmas papers are flying with just about as much gusto as well – and there are some awesome lines to choose from.
I have been playing with the Reminisce Frosty line – love, love the snowman, penguin and polar bear! I have completed three projects recently and tonight want to share a home décor piece that uses Clearsnaps 4” acrylic coasters. This whole project took me less than a half an hour to put together, allowing Stickles to dry overnight.
Supplies to make this beautiful project include:• Reminisce Frosty – 3 squares of various patterned paper cut to 3.75” square with rounded corners.
• Clearsnaps 4” acrylic coasters, remove protective coverings
• Stickles by Ranger - Crystal used for this project
• Magistical Memories snowflake chipboard shape, painted white and covered with Stickles
• Reminisce Frosty snowflake rub-ons
• Making Memories white Shimmer chipboard letters
• Wright & Co. beaded wire
• Creative Café (or other) gem stickers
• Organdy or other ribbon
Close up of one coaster completed:
1. To assemble adhere the PP onto the acrylic, I simply used the Fiskars tape runner.
2. A crop-o-dile was used to punch holes in the corners of the acrylic.
3. Position your letters, add gem stickers.
4. Add rub-ons to your project if desired.
5. Go around the outside of the patterned paper with Stickles and allow to dry.
6. Once dry use ribbon to tie the coasters together.
7. Add the snowflake medallion by punching a hole in the center of the bottom coaster and hang with beaded wire.
I used more bold patterns of this particular Reminisce line so that the letters would pop off the background.
You can achieve a similar looking using chipboard coasters, painted with white pearlescent paint; or change the shape all together using Magistical Memories snowflake shape chipboard.
I am thrilled with how well this paper line matches our living room and may have to create more home décor before December comes around. I hope you are finding JOY in your journey daily – thanks for coming by!