Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bold, Boys, Chipboard



I think these three words go together quite nicely. I love Cosmo Cricket’s bold and punchy Get Happy line. It is so perfect for pics of my 10 yr old. I learned tonight at the staff crop at my LSS, that customers shy away from this line. They love it, but don’t know what to do with it. The “trick” when using bold, flashy prints is to use a little at a time, and break it up with solids – either the coordinating solid side of the printed cardstock or incorporate plain cardstock. Once you start cutting up your bold papers you will love them even more!

Cosmo Cricket sponsored the Design Team at the Scrapbook Playground this month. Check out the gallery for all kinds of cosmos inspiration – and THANKS Cosmo for the product! I have more layouts to share with you, including a beautiful line that was sent to me, but today I wanted to share a layout utilizing some of my rather large Cosmo stash. (LOL)

This featured layout is all about our son’s preference to read military history books – NON-FICTION. When he has library day at school they “make him” check out a fiction story – but try as they might – he really doesn’t read them. When we have family story time he gets his dose of fiction – usually his father reading him the JRR Tolkein series, or myself a fan of the Black Stallion. (LOL)

The photos used have no relevance to one another. The focal point was taken outside our local library. The other taken on a family trip to the Mississippi River Museum this past March. However, I realized the photo of Kyle sitting with the Mark Twain statue complimented the theme for this layout, and I really had no other plans for it. Keep this in mind when you are sorting through your photos and you have some you really like, but perhaps cannot stand alone for a layout. They may work as an accent photo.

Of course this layout was not complete without some awesome chipboard shapes from Magistical Memories. (Did I mention that I have the honor of serving Magistical Memories this month as guest designer? I have lots of chipboard to play with – Crystle was so generous – and am looking forward to my new schedule and making new projects a part of my morning routine.) Kyle can identify naval and air force craft – especially those from WWI and WWII – so of course I needed a Red Baron bi-plane and submarine. I painted it yellow thanks to a tune I keep hearing in my head recorded by the Beatles eons ago. Thankfully we all don’t live in one, or the journey would get mighty crowded! Thanks for stopping by and please do come join me again.