Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Do you run FOR scissors?



CHA is days away and I am excited to be meeting so many crafty friends from the message boards. Check below to see what you could go home with at the Fiskars booth!

Just in time for my bus trip – two F&W publications landed on my doorstep last week. The first was the Memory Makers Idea Book Gallery – a summer release which was a nice surprise, as it seems this book has been arriving in the fall. Less than 48 hours after that my copy of “Fabulous Friends” arrived – authored by Kitty Foster and Wendy McKeehan.

I am fortunate to have multiple layouts in both of these publications. I have already heard so much about the Idea Book that I cannot wait to peruse it on my ride to O’hare. I briefly glanced at “Fab Friends” and am totally impressed by the page designs and LARGE images given to EACH layout in the book – it is SO easy to read journaling on these images and I love that! If all goes well I just may be able to get my hands on a signed copy at CHA and will be giving it away here on my blog.

Here are glimpses of my never-before-seen LOs in "Friends". The first documents my son's favorite stuffed animals and whom he received them from and at what age in his life.


The second still brings tears to me eyes - the photo is my hand holding that of a friend who was in the hospital. I wanted to create this LO but it took weeks for me to be allowed to go see her in the hospital - we were not sure if she was going to make it. She did, but she suffers daily and is scheduled for more surgery August 4 - please pray for her. There is awesome power in prayer, and this layout is a testimony to that fact.


If you are heading to CHA please stop by the Fiskars booth as I would love to meet you! I will be doing make n takes in the Cloud 9 booth (can’t wait to see the project – I love Cloud 9 papers and embellishments!). You can find me there Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

There are lots of cool events planned, AND GIVEAWAYS throughout CHA at the Fiskars booth – be sure to check out the schedule below!


Do you run with scissors? Or collect them? If so, you want to RUN for scissors!!
There are special, limited edition scissors being given away starting at 1:00 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday – until they run out. The first pair of L.E. scissors are designed by Li’l Davis and the pair being given away on Saturday are designed by Ink by Steph!

Want to meet Mark Montano? He will be at the Fiskars booth on Friday at 3 p.m. And hey – there will be Fisk-a-razzi on hand who are more than happy to take your photo with the celebs and designers of Fiskars Brand Crafts. As is usual – The Fiskars booth will be open with hospitality in hand – so please be sure to stop by!

For those of you who cannot make it to CHA there are lots of special on line crops taking place – including one at Fiskars Crafts. Check it out!

No comments: