Friday, June 29, 2007

Exciting pubs and discovering my style!

As I type this I am listening to the fun music on the new Glitz Designs web-site - Ginger, Erin and Laura really rocked their site - it's fabulous! I look forward to seeing more from Glitz! The link to their new web site has been updated on my page.

It's been a great couple of weeks. I've had a layout picked up by Paper Crafts, and a project picked up by Creating Keepsakes. One would think it would be the other way around - so hey, hats of to turning the tables a bit! (LOL) Brittany Beattie (she is such a sweetie) asked if they could put a template for my project on the Creating Keepsakes web site for November - how cool is that!

On the first day of summer we had monarchs emerge from their crysalis' - what a great start to our summer! Kyle and I spent much of that Thursday afternoon enjoying them. Abby did not want to hold them, but I managed a fab photo of her admiring the butterflies, which is now on my very last Making Memories Masters layout. I am done with my contest entries -woo hoo! I noticed, reviewing my five layouts, some unsual things. First, I have NO pink in my layouts - what's that all about? I love pink! Secondly, my daughter, cute as she is, is not a featured close up on any of my entry layouts - huh? Thirdly, I discovered something about myself - with the help of my friend Susan. It's been obvious for a long time that I love circles in my layouts. Circles give me a sense of unity, make the "world go round", and gives a greater sense of love than say, perhaps a triangle or rectangle. Curves and circles are me. I did not really grasp that until my last layout had no curves. Susan pointed out that it just didn't look like me. Granted, I was keeping the layout simple and clean to go with the theme, but I certainly don't want to lose my identity either! I dotted in a few circles, and walah! I am back in my groove! (LOL)

I took a self-test this past week from a great new book "Discovering your Groove" by Kitty Foster and Wendy McKeehan (want to discover your style - get this book!). The test confirmed that I am an eclectic scrapper, but that,combined with my discovery of "circles is me", I would have to add "well-rounded" in the literal sense of the word to my style. (LOL) Want to get to know your style better - pick up this book! And while you're at it, check out the adorable little girl on page 98. (wink) She really is my gift from God.

Today is BIG! Visit Busy Bee Scrapbooking for a great CROP with a bang!!! The guest design team is hosting a crop - and I will be posting my challenge later this evening. The link to visit and join in is to your right.

ALSO, the new Magistical Memories design team was announced this morning - and Crystle has a fabulous line up of designers to work with the BBQ! Congrats to everyone on the team!
Chipboard is so versatile - it can give your page a rustic, down to earth look, or you can bling and glaze it to create a breathtaking work of art. The latter is how I describe the butterfly on my last MMM page. I had a vision, and the results are even more awesome than I envisioned. That doesn't happen to often, I must say! I can't wait to share it with you, but even better - I hope you get to see it in publication some time down the road. If only Crystle could have seen this butterfly I KNOW she would have wanted me on the team. (LOL)

We're heading to the zoo on this fabulous day - I want to scrap with the great new zoo animals shapes being offered by Magistical Memories. Enjoy your weekend and upcoming Fourth of July holiday. I expect to see red, white and blue layouts, and all that sparkles, rockin' the galleries!

No comments: