Thursday, April 15, 2010

Organizing My Life With BoBunny

It's April 15 - and for Americans it is an important date, one not to forget lest we get in trouble. Are your taxes filed? Many have made it a tradition to line up at the main post office for hours to ensure their taxes are postmarked by this date, but I am not the "last minute" type. I much prefer to be organized, and although you may have thought I was going to share how I organize my BoBunny products, instead I am going to show you some ideas in making a BoBunny personal planner. If you hopped from the BoBunny blog - welcome!

I ordered the calendars and accessory pages for a 2010 planner from my favorite office supply store, and to my delight, I discovered that Magistical Memories All Mixed Up Book fits the pages perfectly!
I love bright colors, and wanted my planner to appeal to my senses so that I would not fail to use it daily. Love Shack has been a favorite BoBunny line since it was first released, and this project is full of bright colors. Other lines include Persuasion, Tis the Season, and Kitchen Spice.









I love bling, and when I originally created this project (yes, I cannot believe I have kept it hidden until now!) my new Shimmerz paint pots had just arrived. I used every coordinating color in my new shimmery stash to paint a bit of sparkle directly onto the BoBunny papers. I am not sure you can see it in these photos, but it makes me very happy in real life.

The planner is divided into sections with different pages from the chipboard book. This divider separates the weekly planning pages from the monthly overview. I used the Stamp and Store "Circle the Date" by bounny, as well as Persuasion and Love Shack stickers, with some Prima flowers. Note the stitching - my goal was to make a truly durable planner that I could reuse year after year.

Other sections in my planner include contact info for friends I call often, a section for notes (because I tend to need paper to write on often while I am out and about - lots of inspiration in the home decor departments!), and a section with travel information, and a log for tracking miles for my consultant business. Photos, favorite quotes from BoBunny cardstock stickers, and even the Lord's Prayer lie within the chipboard pages of my personal planner.

Supplies:
BoBunny Papers: Love Shack Funky, Shake, Cut-Outs, Shimmy; Tis the Season Treasure , Kitchen Spice Cinnamon
Stickers: Persuasion Love is All, Love Shack Combo Stickers
5/8” Double Dot Tutu ribbon
Stamps: Stamp & Store Circle This Date, Love Birds Acrylic Stamp, Harmony Acrylic Stamps

Other:
Prima Flowers
Shimmerz paints
Crossed Paths Clear Phrase Stickers
Alphabet Stamps: Technique Tuesday
Inks: Staz-On by Tsukineko and Colorbox

I put some thought into how I would secure my planner so that it would stay closed while being toted around in my bag or purse. Because of the mixed up edges, coming up with a closure was a bit of a challenge. You can learn what I did if you hop over to BoBunny's blog today for instruction.
Thanks for coming by, and happy creating!

Rita S.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to be organized!! I love it!!