Friday, April 23, 2010

Don't Worry with BoBunny's Flower Child

Creating with BoBunny's Flower Child collection is simply a HAPPY experience. The bright and warm colors, fun patterns, and phrases on the cardstock stickers make me smile as I create.

Today I am sharing a layout based upon the April sketch I created for BoBunny. Are you enjoying the card and layout sketches BoBunny and the Design Team are providing? We love to have our BoBunny readers participate - be sure to link your project to the BoBunny blog.

Today's sketch project actually utilizes scraps from another layout using Flower Child, that will not be revealed for a few more days. As soon as I had coordinating leftovers,  I paper clipped them together, knowing they had the makings for another fun layout.

Anyone who knows our daughter knows she is a ray of sunshine, beaming on earth. Easy going, happy, and almost always without worry, unless she has an "owie". She has been this way since she entered our lives on her 5 month birthday. However, I have noted a bit of change, now that she is nearly done with first grade. For the first time ever I am hearing comments about clothing. I could not get her to sign up for ballet dance lessons this summer because she did not have the proper "outfit". First, let me say that this is a small group session directed by our small town rec department - not a big city dance studio class. Girls are generally wearing shorts, Ts, and socks. Still, Abby does have ballet slippers from a cousin, and a ballet outfit or two that I am pretty sure fits - personally, I think it is an excuse not to take ballet. Other comments have been uttered as well, and I can tell that peer pressure eventually gets to even the easiest going of children.
When I saw the "Don't worry ...be happy." cardstock sticker in the Flower Child collection, I knew I had to scrap the bible verse that reminds us to not worry about what we will eat or what we will wear. God takes care of us...even when we were "scraping the bottom of the barrell", so to speak, when I was in between jobs...God provided for our needs. We discovered food in our cupboards that we had forgotten about, friends have been wonderful in providing cute hand-me-downs for the kids since they were little... God is good, He is our Provider.
We have friends and family who are involved with orphanages in Africa and Haiti, and Abby has seen photos. When I hear Abby complain about having "nothing to wear" I can gently remind her that she indeed does have clothes, and how blessed we truly are. We have no need to worry. God takes care of us, and what joy there is in living with Christ in our lives - cast your cares away, and don't worry. It doesn't matter if another has the most fashionable tutu in the world, or wears designer jeans...what really matters is what we wear on the inside, in our heart.
 
Supplies Used:
Flower Child Collection: Love Beads, Aquarius, Cut Out, 12x12 Chipboard, Combo Stickers, Buttons and Bling
Roughin It Flowers, Double Dot Cardstock-Coffee
Other:
Chalk Inks
Pearl Stickers: Kaiser Crafts, Queen & Co.
Font: Flowerchild
Peace Sticker – Jolee’s Bling

Ideas to Note:
Cut circles out from the center of cardstock and create layered frames, distressing edges and tearing to add dimension.

I hope this layout has put a smile on your face. If you need a pick  me up - be sure to  pick up BoBunny's Flower Child collection and create with happy in your heart.

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: