Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Watch for Cosmo Cricket



I love Cosmo Cricket. When my friend Julie O. asked if I was trying for the DT I had to go investigate! So here it is, days from the deadline to put my hat in the ring, and I am trying to whip up some new projects. (I wanted to get my SBPG DT projects complete first - so my mind was clear to go!) The layout above was created with elements from the Winter Survival Kit offered by Homegrown Scrapbooks - and as you may recognize - it features Cosmo Cricket and my very sweet hubby.

I found one of CC's awesome blackboard mini albums at my LSS over the weekend - and I have the idea in my head (have had several actually, but think I have settled on one). I can't wait to work on it...but tonight my mojo was not for the album project...but I had a strong urge to create some layouts after perusing through my photos and finding some that tied in with the awesome Cosmo journaling cards.

My intentions were for simple layouts due to the time, or lack there of to get these done. The first layout was simple enough, because coordinating products make it so easy to whip out a layout. But on the 2nd layout I was totally inspired by a Cosmo journaling card to make an arched window - can't wait to show it to you! It was rather putzy - but love the effect. Thinking I should set it aside for Memory Maker's Masters just in case I run out of time, but I am too eager to share it with you. (LOL)

Too bad I have to go to work today - which means I better get to bed. I just wanted to share a Cosmo layout, and give a shout out to watch for more Cosmo Cricket coming your way On My Way! I had a blast with my Fiskars tools as well!

And once more - thanks to Stephanie Fearn at Homegrown for giving me the opp to be a guest designer for Homegrown's WSK kit - they always have awesome kits so check it out if you are a kit club fan. AND thanks for inviting me to be a roomie with you and some gals at CHA - takes a load of my mind to have that resolved. I am really looking forward to put my demonstrator training to use and help promote Fiskars brands in Chicago next month.

One more for a nightcap - Abby with "big Joe" from daycare, as opposed to little Joe who was a baby. (LOL) My girl talked about Joe all the time...I think he is/was her first crush and she really misses him after he had gone to kindergarten.

2 comments:

java diva said...

Those LOs are stunning! I love the points on the "first crush" one.
TFS!

Julie Overby said...

I'm so glad you are going to try out for the Cosmo Cricket DT!! I love how you combined the different lines in your layout. You go girl!!