Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vintage BoBunny Ornaments

This year I participated in my first on-line ornament exchange. A Cherry On Top message board gave me an opportunity to create an ornament keepsake for a fellow scrapbooker. I learned that Sandi, my recipient, liked vintage and old Santas. I decided to create a couple of handmade ornaments using BoBunny's new holiday line. I utilized papers from their mini album die-cut paper packet. The smaller image designs of Santas, children, and such were perfect for the little spaces I had on these two charming paper mache ornaments.

Sparkle mod podge was used to embellish both the papers and buttons used in the project. One cannot have a holiday ornament without some bling, IMO.  I topped one button with a pearlized gem sticker, and chose to thread some sheer ribbon through buttons on the other ornament, and frayed it for a more vintage appearance.

When sending my ornaments off I whipped up a simple gift tag using a piece of manila folder, more BoBunny paper, and created the ACOT logo with some red buttons and hand-drawn stems and leaves.
Sandi is thrilled with her ornaments, and it was a pleasure to create a gift specific to a person's likes.

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: