Thursday, December 9, 2010

Punch up your packages!!


It's the holiday season and one of my favorite things about Christmas is gift wrapping. I love the lightly wired ribbon and feel it gives the gift a special ooomph! Recently I obtained Martha Stewart's butterfly punch, and it immediately made me thing of a snowflake with all of its holes. I decided to embellish packages for the ladies on my gift giving list this year with this elegant little bow topper. I purchased white on white varnished scrapbook paper from a wedding section, punched out the butterfly and coated it with sparkle Mod Podge. I then added little pearl stickers down the abdomen and attached it with a light wire.
"May the beauty of Christmas alight in your heart and your soul."
What do you think of that sentiment? I am still considering my tag design, and thought maybe it could have a saying such as the one I just shared with you. If you have another thought on how to tie a butterfly into Christmas I am all ears! (LOL)
Are you using your punches to punch up your gift packages? Give me a link  - I would love to see how you decorate the packages for the special people on your giving list.

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: