Monday, October 11, 2010

Celebrating Women - Cancer Research Fundraisers

For all my local friends I encourage you to save two dates, or at least one.  I have had a strong calling to share what I have learned about hormone imbalance as it relates to the cause of breast cancer with my friends. I have spent the past few months reading, reading, reading... the information is astounding. It certainly has encouraged me to focus on a lifestyle change so that I can become more healthy and aware of how my body reacts to the products and environment I am exposed to each day.

On Friday, October 22 at 6:30 Crossroads Coffeehouse is the location for the first event. On this night myself and a couple of friends will share about how we have been affected by breast cancer in our lives. I will specifically address hormone imbalance and how it affects our bodies in a hugely negative way, and give attendees information on steps they can take to prevent cancer cell growth. The talking portion for this event will be kept brief, to ensure plenty of time for guests to listen to the wonderful sounds of my friend Bernie Harrington on her Native American flutes. Friends will be assisting me in giving hand massages, and I do believe a massage therapist friend of mine is planning to make it to give out neck massages. "Prevent Stations" will be set up in which guests can visit each station, get a massage, try out a lotion or gelee', and pick up a cancer prevention card. Mary Devitt, owner of Crossroads will be serving up sweets and wonderful teas, which have anti-oxidant benefits.

On Tuesday, October 26 we will gather in the upper level of Coach's Sports Bar & Restaurant at 6:30 p.m.  Here I will present a very informative PowerPoint presentation that will last 20-25 minutes. My goal is to teach everyone present the definition of "estrogen dominance" and "xenoestrogens" and why it is so important to be aware of these two terms in regards to our overall health and well-being, as well as that of our children.
Again there will be hand massages, as well as a chance to purchase Arbonne heatlh and well being products, and Silpada jewelry to benefit cancer research. Jennifer, the owner of Coach's, has also arranged for red wine tasting.

Everyone will be encouraged to light a votive candle in memory or in honor of someone in your life that has been affected by cancer. We will recognize these individuals prior to closing our evening at around 8:30 p.m.

It is my desire that each person will experience an evening of fellowship, unity for a cause, relaxation, and empowerment to ask their doctors informed questions, and a desire to be a part of their own health care.

No comments: