Sunday, September 5, 2010

Why do kids push their age?

Oh to be young and innocent...and young...  Someday our children won't be pushing their age - just wait until they're 29!
In August A Cherry On Top issued a challenge to create a layout with sequential numbers. I am sure many counted up in whole numbers, but right away I saw this as my opportunity to scrap a layout that had been on my mind all year... 
The layout would have sequential fractions, and commemorate each 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 "birthday" that Abby has had this year. I wanted to use BoBunny Petal Pushers because a. flowers are a symbol of growth to me, and b. Abby keeps on pushing her age. (LOL) Fortunately with the spring release BoB had sent me two sets of Combo Stickers for Petal Pushers, so I had the sticker numbers needed to create the fractions, using a matching patterned paper to make the split.
The journaling reads: After Abby by turned seven she was excited for her next birthday. Every month she would ask “how long before my birthday, am I 7 1/2” yet?” I let her know when she reached the 7 1/4” mark. She had the date of her 1/2 birthday memorized, and once she reached 73/4” she said..."just call me 8." 
Of course I had to laugh when she said that. Again, why are kids in such a hurry to be older. I look forward to showing her this page when she is 29 years old.Don't forget to scrap the cute things our children say. It will be good for a laugh years down the road.
Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: