Friday, January 22, 2010

20 minute Card - "Scrap Fast"!


A Cherry On Top has been hosting weekly "scrap fast" challenges. This is a fairly new "game", and I have only been able to participate twice. This week and last. I can't recall exactly how much time we are given upon reveal of the challenge criteria. Last week the challenge was "black and white", and I decided to use my Cuttlebug, which is not set up all the time due to lack of space - so that was a bit more than a scramble. I also answered the phone, twice, which hindered the creative process. AND for another unknown, insane reason - I decided to use my new Soot Shimmerz Mist, which then required drying time. I ended up posting my final card a few minutes past the "fast scrap" cut-off. I made a mental note to keep it more simple next time.


This week included some uncanny instances. For instance, I was browsing and popped over to Moxie Fab blog about an hour before Fast Scrap time. From there I perused the wonderful "house of turquoise" blog - I LOVE turquoise! As I sat there drooling over all things turquoise and aqua, I kept telling myself to get off the PC and go play with the wonderful holiday clearance ribbon from Michaels - in brown and aqua and brown and turquoise. I had a vision for cards as soon as I spotted the ribbon. It is gorgeous stuff, and the light wire makes for a very pretty bow.

I then check into "fast scrap", a few minutes after it began, as it is easy to go astray at "house of turquoise". Lo an behold, we are given about 5 color combos, as I recall, with instructions to pick one and make a card. One combo is brown, turqoise and white. Amazing!! It was an obvious choice.

I skipped the Cuttlebug, as I knew it would take me too long to set up. I grabbed a Fiskars texture plate and began rubbing the bubble pattern on to white CS. I had just been scrapping out of my creative space, which meant all my tools had not yet been returned, including my Empressor tool, which I love for transfering texture to cardstock. I snatched a tool not meant for the job, but fortunately did not poke holes through the cardstock. A stamp to fit the lower right quadrant was found, and I used teal Staz-on to add a sentiment. The gorgeous clearance ribbon is wrapped and fashined into a gorgeous bow.

Chocolate and turquoise - it is definitely in my top three of all time color combinations. I used a bit of Zingzz embossing powder to add more turquoise, and the fine powder made a fine mess on my area. Oh well! FAST SCRAP = FAST MESS! as far s I am concerned. (LOL) No matter your speed while creating, have fun doing it!

No comments: