Friday, February 2, 2007

It's All About Love - Part 4

1 Corinthians 13:6 "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails."
"Christ does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.” Christ always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Christ never fails."

I am amazed by the protection Christ’s love has given me. As a child I was protected by His strength through a traumatic experience. Of course I did know it at the time, but this came to me in a vision as an adult. There I was as a child, in the grip of harm – but Jesus was shown there with me. I knew then and there that His holy presence is what gave me the strength to break free. This was such an amazing revelation, that even today as I reflect upon it the image is so very clear.
The protection of the Holy Spirit was with me yet another time, as the driver’s side door of my car was about to be impacted by a large Mack truck. A voice in the car (I was alone) told me what to do, and in a very surreal state, I calmly went through the motion of backing up the car, so that only the fender was hit. Experiences such as these leave one in awe of God’s mighty power, and leaves no doubt of His living presence.
Christ has never failed me, even in my darkest hour His love has prevailed. When others fail us, we can count on Christ’s love. Even as He made His final journey to Calvary He did not fail us… He persevered. He walked up that hill. He carried that cross, our cross…our sins. He loved us so much that He died for us, so that we could be with Him for all eternity. There is no failure in Christ’s love – only victory in the Cross!

1 Corinthians:13 - "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
LOVE. All other spiritual gifts will disappear… whether it is the gift of healing, speaking in tongues, prophecy – we don’t take these gifts to heaven. Within the church body it does not matter which gift we are blessed with, as long as we have love. Once we get to heaven faith is unnecessary…for we are no longer believing in what we cannot see. We WILL SEE, with our very own being. (Wow! How COOL will that be!) Hope – hope will be no more. For what we have hoped for our entire life will be very real.
Our journey will have ended, and along with us for the journey is love. Love is so great we can take it to heaven. I can only imagine what that will be like… the body of Christ…the body of love...all in one heavenly place.

No comments: