Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's Better Than A Box of Ribbon??


A box of BoBunny Double Dot ribbon, of course!! Oh my gosh people...did you all get some scrappin' in for National Scrapbook Day, err... weekend? Realistically, over the weekend I did not get the creative time I always dream of having every year...probably because NSD coincides with community wide garage sales, the Kentucky Derby, and this year...a surprise birthday party for a friend.
But I was DETERMINED to scrapas many challenges as I could from the fabulous A Cherry On Top crop. I wrote challenges down and scrapped late into the night/morning on Friday, Sat., Sunday, Monday...and to the wire on Tuesday.  The above layout was created, I kid you not, with 25 minutes to the Tuesday midnight crop challenge posting deadline. 

There I was, in the gallery leaving praise after posting my final three challenge layouts...when I came across Leslie's layout for the 2-2-4 challenge. It was one I had wanted to do, but had run out of time for, or had I? This crazy thought came into my head to quickly look for two photos and throw something together. What do you think of my loose ribbon spray? tree? whatever it is? I needed to include 4 strips of ribbon - saw the big flower on the patterned paper, decided to grab the stapler (I used the stapler a lot in my last challenges - I have one of those old long-necked staplers and it is just super fast to slap some ribbon down) ... one staple, maybe two, kept all my ribbon in place at the center of the flower on the paper design. I then covered my attachment work with a large layered flower. I quickly threw on some flowers and sparkling BoB brads, and bling too - everything Abby likes.  As much as she loves all that sparkle and bling...nothing makes her more happy than playing in a pile of BoBunny ribbon. (LOL)

Although there is nothing fantastic about this layout...for 15-18 minutes it is not bad...just shows you what can be done with the wonderful coordinates in a BoBunny collection. I photographed, Photoshopped my images and posted this to the ACOT gallery at exactly 10:59 CST, and the cut off was 11:59 EST - whew!! Made it! So never let it be said that you can't whip out a layout when you find 15 minutes in your day.

Want to know what else is better than a box of ribbon?  It's the sneak peeks now showing on the BoBunny blog - wowza!! I am in love all over again - I already made list of 6 layouts to create with the 4 new lines...ideas that came to me in a matter of a minute. This is why I am so happy to be designing for BoBunny - my mojo just sings looking at their products!!
Happy creating!


Rita S.

No comments: