Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is it snowing yet??


Isn't this guy just the cutest?? I love snowmen. In the Magistical Memories forum I began my "what seems like an annual discussion" on what folks would like to see in chipboard shapes. So if you would like to share your input, hop on over and let the designers know what shapes you are craving in chipboard!

Tops on my list is a snowman, but in the meantime I decided to create one. I drew up a template for the snowman and his hat on my PC, printed, cut out and used as a template to cut out chipboard. I even cut out 2 hats so the back of the snowman looks as good as the front. (LOL)

I love the "birds of a feather" shapes from Magistical Memories. I collect snowmen and have a number of them...one on a collectors plate, another as a statue, and one on a quilt I designed and made - in which a snowman is holding a red bird. Love the contrast of red popping off a winter scene and had to recreate it for this card, which reads "Baby it's cold outside...." and inside "But thoughts of you warm my heart."

Have extra plastic paper dividers sitting around? Make use of them! I love the translucent material (the ones I use are by Display Dynamics)and they are fun to build layouts upon. (Use Staz-on Inks to create your own design. I did this for an HOF entry last year and see KI now has a similar product out - guess I am ahead of the latest and greatest sometimes!) (LOL)

For today's share feature I made a 5x7 card. Using plenty of Reminisce Frosty rub-ons on both the outside and inside of the card, the material allows the second layer of rub-ons to show through the front of the card creating a cool 3-D effect.



As you can see I used lots of mediums to create this card: Stickles by Ranger, white crystal glitter sprinkled atop dimensional glaze by Judikins, paints, Ranger Crackle Finish (on the hat - looks very cool), sparkle mod podge on the backside of the snowman, and Sakura black glaze pen to outline my chippy bird.

You can find the bird in Magistical Memories "Birds of a Feather" package - check out their critter section for this and a herd of cute animals. Love chipboard? Magistical Memories is having a DT contest - check it out in the announcements section of the forum!

Fortunately the snow has not yet arrived. We have all intentions of enjoying a great birding weekend and some hiking - colors are just starting to change here in southern Wisconsin.

1 comment:

saffiertje said...

Hi Rita,

this is so lovely!