Wednesday, September 12, 2007

You Never Let Go

It's hard to let go at times... especially when your children reach a new milestone in their lives. This week Abby began school, Tues-Thurs. she attends West Middleton as a mentor in the early start program. Basically she and a few others help to set an example for children with special needs, listening to the teachers, sitting still at story time...being themselves, really, but at the same time showing other children who struggle in these areas "how to do it". It's a great program, and a perfect fit for a child who has an October birthday and has to wait another year to begin kindergarten.

As for myself...not so much letting go of traditional scrapping..never, never, never! But embracing even more, digital scrapbooking. This week I became a Studio Diva for www.kjoistudios.com (permanent link found at right). I love doing hybrid layouts and my friend, Kara Jones, launched K-joi last week - a great site for those who love digital and who are interested in learning, to come together in a forum. First, I have to laugh at the mere thought of me...at 44, 2 kids, and extra pound-age, having the title DIVA. So NOT diva am I! (LOL) But I can get a kick out of the title, and in the meantime enjoy all the fabulous digital elements provided by a fantastic group of digital designers. I have so many ideas...so little time.

My first project as a Diva is a hybrid greeting card. When I saw Dawn Inskip's awesome dino doodles I knew they would be perfect for a kid's card. Card magazine has a call out for their Feburary issue, and I decided for the first time, that I would make cards specificall to submit. I am not sure a hybrid greeting card has ever been published, but hey...if I am too futuristic on this one so be it. I love how the card turned out.




The hybrid portion of this card simply comes in with the inking around the edges of the card, and taking my Sakura clear glaze pen over the alphbet, and in the eyes of each dinosaur, to make them glow and stand out. It's very cool in real life. Hope you enjoy it.

On the note of letting go... our church has been singing a new song these past couple of weeks by Matt Redman. I recognized the refrain when we first sang it, no doubt because I listen to Christian radio each moment I am listening to the airwaves. The song really speaks to me, and I totally love the melody. It is awesome to hear 100s of people singing this at one time, and knowing that each may be thinking of a time when God was with them through a trial...never letting go, no matter what we have done, where we have been, where we are going. Awesome! Click on the arrow to start the video located at your right - take a few moments to draw closer to God.

No comments: