Saturday, April 7, 2007

My Victory lies in Jesus!


Bible Verse: “He is not here, he has risen, just as he said.” Matthew 28:6


This layout, created last year at this time, is a personal testimony to my faith and the meaning behind the Easter weekend for myself. It is one page out of many that I am creating for a devotional album, that is meant for anyone to see who is curious about Christianity and how it has impacted me.

The journaling reads:
HE IS RISEN! These words bring such great joy on Easter morning. However, such joy is preceded by sadness on Good Friday. As I worship and approach the cross I am overwhelmed by the knowledge that Jesus died for ME. Tears flow as I envision all the suffering that my Christ endured to free me from sin. I can never make it through the words of the “Old Rugged Cross” - even though I know that the stone is rolled away, and the tomb is empty three days later.
The glories of Easter morning bring great hope and gladness. Christ’s redeeming blood has conquered death. When my time on earth is over I will conclude my race with a sprint for the finish, for my victory lies in Jesus!
My prayer for you this Easter is that you may find the hope and the peace of God's promise for all mankind. Happy Easter!

No comments: