Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Mind's Eye Valentine


Challenges are rather addicting? Do you have that problem? This weekend my intention was to CLEAN my scrap area - it is chaos! Trouble is, as I clean I find things, and I want to do something about, or with them! I came across my print out of ACOT August challenges, so I looked them over to see what might pop into my head. I originally thought I would use BoBunny Calypso for the red, light blue and cream color challenge - but I remembered I had this My Mind's Eye Valentine paper all set aside with photos in a craft keeper.

I needed a break from cleaning, afterall, I had been on the job at least 10 minutes. (LOL) I sat down, all the product was right there in my craft keeper, including coordinating die-cuts for a super fast, less than one hour project.


An easy title with a die-cut shape and a few letter stickers. The Imaginisce blue bird rub-ons were already hanging out a draw from a previous challenge project - and I thought they went well with the theme and color challenge.


Magistical Memories chipboard kids, cut down from a border, were a perfect embellishment for a kindergarten page. I simply inked edges and doodled (aka scribbled) some hair on their heads. A die-cut heart shape offers the perfect spot to date the layout.


Another die-cut shape makes for fast journaling. I added two Making Memories tickets, one with "Kiss Kiss", and this project also qualifies for the Magistical Memories August challenge. I actually whipped this project out at the start of my weekend, and the Keepsake box below (created for the same challenge) came later.

Do you use craft keepers? I love them, and also keep the sleeves that 12x12 papers come in. When I buy coordinating products with photos in mind, all go together in a keeper or clear sleeven and then into an Art Bin tote labeled "LOs to DO". With pretty much everything all set to go, it is easy to create a fairly decent layout in less than an hour. It's a great deviation from the things you otherwise might not enjoy doing so much ...like cleaning your scrap space. On that note - back to the grindstone! Happy creating, or happy cleaning - whichever you must do!

No comments: