Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BoBunny Winter Whispers in August


I whipped up this card for several August challenges. First, for the challenge listed in the thread below - in which you color in a stamped image. I used a Memento red marker - love the coverage of those markers! You can color the actual stamp with several markers for a multi-colored impression -way cool! A Cherry On Top has a recipe for the August card challenge: 4 patterned papers, bling, doodling and inking, and at least one sticker. For this card I used three papers from BoBunny's Winter Whispers collection, and used a scrap of orange from Popsicle to make the carrot nose. My edges are inked (as usual), and I overlapped the snowman's scarf onto the Whispers paper, and used a black fine line marker to doodle in the missing arm and fringe on the scarf.

Masking

To get the background I spritzed a combination of Stream alcohol ink by Ranger mixed with Perfect Pearls and water. First, I stamped the snowman onto cardstock and cut out his shape, excluding the arms and fringe. I used this piece as a mask, laying it on top of the stamped image before misting around it. I love the effect!


I really had to dig into my stash to find some stickers that would go with this card. For balance I used Timber Brown Staz-On ink to stamp a few more snowflakes on the background paper. It seems odd to make a brown snowflake, but the result is sure pretty.

Are you thinking ahead to Christmas? I am. I've already started making gifts, and am thinking about my cards. Ever since I was PG with our son I started shopping so that I am almost done come October. I love to be able to relax and enjoy the season. Last year, however, I was making gifts up until the last minute - so I am loving ACOT's Christmas in July challenge. We're making a Christmas gift each month up to Christmas. I know I will be able to enjoy the true meaning of Christmas if I start thinking about it now. (LOL)

No comments: