Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Card Recipes - Take 2


I promised more examples of fast and easy 5x7 cards utilizing coordinating papers, border punch, sometimes a stamp, and an ink pad for distress. These samples are amongst those in my mother-in-laws gift pack. I admit, the first one, which utilizes odd scraps of leftover paper, is probably one of my favorites. My MIL is a quilter, and the odd shapes strips remind me of a crazy quilt. I bet she will especially love this one.











If you have a parent or in-law who has everything, but always seems short on time, consider making them a package of all occassion cards. By having these on hand in their home they will not need to run out to the store for a card, and can easily pop one in the mail as soon as it is needed. If you know your recipient, gauge whether they like to write their own message, and leave the cards blank inside. My mother-in-law has expressed how she is at a loss for words. Yet on my to do list is to type up messages for the inside. For the baby cards, the message will have inked edges and be adhered inside. For the "thinking of you" cards I plan to type little paragraphs, and give examples of what she could write in her very own hand-writing, for a person who is ill, for loss of a loved one, birthday wishes, etc. The writing prompts are sure to make message writing easier for her, yet allow her to add her own personalization.

I hope you are all taking time for peaceful moments this Christmas season. Happy creating!

No comments: